Sure, it's a year overdue. Sure, it's really too small for him to get any decent use out of now that he's over a year old. Sure, I forgot to put a label on it, but whatever. It's finally complete. I'm hoping they can still use it to throw over his legs in the stroller or in the car seat or something. Maybe he'll adopt it as his bankie and he'll just carry it around. One can hope.
The finished dimensions are 22" x 22.5" (hey, I'm not *that* good.) and thankfully the red flannel backing colour didn't bleed at all. Once I had the quilting done it took about 20 minutes to put the bias binding on. I must really have been thinking when I started it because I cut and sewed the bias strips before I started piecing it. whew! That's the quilting equivalent of knitting the sleeves first. Smart smart smart. It gets the ickier job out of the way first (not that sleeves are icky, but you know what I mean.)