I'm not keen on it. My once nicely toned ski lift operator arms are not so nicely toned anymore and they cause the ribbing to stretch out a little more than I like. There's also the issue of the ruffle at the bottom of each sleeve that really just serves to girlie-up a garment that makes me look like a linebacker. How could I not have thought of these things before I cast on? I guess I was initially drawn to this shrug for a couple reasons.
1. I wanted something fast to knit while melmel was visiting.
2. I like to imagine that my arms still look nice.
3. I always wanted curly red hair like the model in the pattern pic.
Lessons learned here?
1. My friends already know I'm a knitter. I don't need to keep proving it by finishing projects in their presence.
2. I need to keep doing pushups every single day to get those kickass arms back.
3. I will never have curly hair. (Except for that nightmarish time in grade five when Mum gave me an Annie perm. Seriously, that hair took forEVER to grow out.)