I started this wee little quilt just over a year ago (hence the name Nathan's Neverending Quilt.) I pieced the top together over a weekend and got rolling on machine quilting it that same week. Easy peasy. I should have been able to finish it in under 6 days. Lord knows I've made a whack of other baby quilts in less time than that. After many trials and tribulations with the invisible thread (Satan's Thread), and many, many months sitting in a drawer in time out, I finally pulled the little guy out yesterday to finish it up.
I'm just doing some simple echo quilting in the darkest pinwheels so it's breezing along nicely now. I'm using navy thread for the top and a red thread on the bottom to match the red flannel backing. It seems to have won favour with Indy. I can't seem to keep her off it. She's been sneaking onto my desk at all hours to see if she can nap on it. I'll turn my back for a second and she's there in a flash.